Head of Operations
What's the role all about?
Cleo's an AI assistant that helps over 1.5m people in the UK, US and Canada feel better about their money. She is a fun and engaging personality that talks to you like a real person to help; track spending, set budgeting goals, auto saving money, helping avoid overdraft charges and a whole lot more. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla
Watch this to dive a little deeper
In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 6 to 35, launched in North America, closed a $10m Series A led by Balderton Capital, and scaled to over 1,500,000 users. We’re building a world-leading team as we grow, driving us toward 10 million users over the coming 12-18 months
This is an exciting opportunity to have a critical impact on how we develop our product and team. You’ll take the lead in the international scaling of Cleo AI’s operations.
This role will be responsible for:
- Scaling customer success both in the UK and internationally
- Building and coaching the team
- Putting in place the right tools and processes to scale, working closely with the dev team
- Ensuring our product feedback loops and connection to how we improve the product remain
- Building in automation and improved AI capabilities to Cleo as we detect issues that customers repeatedly contact us on
- Launching Cleo’s operations internationally
- As we expand to our first international office in the US, you will be responsible for setting up these international operations, specifically how we operate, how we scale the operations team, and how we coordinate these operations across our offices.
- Managing suppliers and partners internationally
- Manage relationships with our key fintech suppliers; renegotiate contracts, build deeper partnerships
- Work with the commercial and product functions as we develop new features to onboard and grow new partnerships across the fintech space
- Set up ongoing communication and issue resolution to ensure the best experience for our customers as we work with partners
- Managing international regulation
- Deep understanding of the regulatory environment in the UK, US and our growing international markets
- Set up our systems, processes and policies in a way that lets us scale while treating our customers in the best way
- Systematic regulatory reporting, and directly interacting with regulators
- Devising new policies and terms as we launch new products and features in the financial services space
What are we looking for?
- Have some experience in scaling operations in a fast growing startup, and at least 4 years total experience
- Have managed, hired and developed a stellar team, and have examples to share from this experience
- Are data-driven, with experience in Excel (SQL, or ability to learn it quickly, a nice to have!)
- Can take vaguely defined problems, define and solve them fast, and execute on your solutions at pace
- Are a consummate prioritiser
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Are organised, and have great attention to detail
How long will all of this take?
- A quick phone call with one of the team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- A short exercise to prepare at home
- Onsite interview:
- Present and discuss your exercise with the exec team
- Work through an interesting problem together
- Meet the CEO and COO
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a really successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- Everyone's compensation includes both salary and equity in the company.
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
- We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone